Wednesday 22 February 2012

Complemented on lights!

A car driver stopped me today to ask about my bike lights. I ride with them on in daylight to improve visibility and avoid those SMIDSY moments. He was most impressed (no, really), and asked what they were and where I got them.

Here's a picture of the lights in action

The one on the left is an Ultrafire 502b, it has an XM-L U2 led emitter, which is apparently the most efficient currently available. It runs on one 18650 Li-ion cell. It probably puts out around 400 lumens (just a guess). I got this just a few weeks ago from here. The one on the right is a Fenix L2D Q5, it runs on 2AA NiMH cells, it is rated at 190 lumens, I got it from here several years ago. The Ultrafire plus cells plus charger cost about £23. You can pick up the same light with an XM-L T6 (almost as efficient as the U2) for about £11 on eBay from UK sellers.




 
On the rear I use a Smart Superflash 1/2 watt, it runs on 2AAA NiMH; they cost around £12

No comments:

Post a Comment